Special announcement: Annual Photo Competition
Presented by: Ed Lubow
It is time once again for the annual photo competition. Every year at the end of the season we hold a competition for the best mushroom related photographs taken by CMS members. The photographs are judged by a panel of CMS experts. The results will be presented at the October meeting with prizes awarded to the top three photographs in each category. CMS members can submit their photos in one of three categories:
- Anything goes
How to submit photographs for the competition:
- Please submit your photographs, as attachments, by email to: email@example.com
- You must state in the message which category you want to enter the photo under
- You must give the name of the photographer with each photo so that we can correctly award any prizes
- The deadline for submissions is September 30. Anything submitted after midnight on September 30 cannot be considered
- A member can submit a maximum of three photos per category
- Photographs must be the work of the CMS member credited in the email
- One photo per email is preferrred as this makes it easier for us to keep track of the category and other details
- If you want to provide any other details (locations, dates, identification, etc) please do so
- If your camera produces large files please reduce the file size to make the email upload mangeable
- Please do not submit RAW format files if you use these in your camera.
The Schedule of forays for 2014 has been published. The first foray will be on June 14.
Schedule details: 2014 Foray Schedule
PHOTO CONTEST 2013 RESULTS - click on photos for higher resolution file. Click back button to return to this page.
are held on the second Monday night of each month, from March
through October, at 7:30 PM. The doors open at 7:00. This year we are back at the Denver Botanic Gardens, 1007
York Street (Map).
The meetings are in Mitchell Hall. There is no charge to get into
the Botanic Gardens in the evening to attend a CMS meeting.
- CMS meetings provide an informal opportunity to
socialize and exchange information with others interested in mycology.
- Each meeting
features a lecture and/or slide presentation on mycology
or a related subject.
- Speakers include nationally known mycologists, outside
specialists and knowledgeable members
- Visitors & members are encouraged to bring the mushrooms
they find to the meetings.
- Knowledgeable members will be happy to help you identify the
mushrooms you have found.
Call for Volunteers for CMS — The Colorado Mycological
Society depends on volunteers from the membership to deliver its
services to the general membership. Many, if not most, of the volunteer
positions do not require extensive knowledge of mycology. What
they do require is enthusiasm and a willingness to
devote a few hours each month to the position.
Although most of
the committees currently have chairpersons assigned to them, there
are still a few that require a chairperson. If you would like to
volunteer for one of these "open" committee positions,
contact Karen Ryan by phone at 303-355-5966 or
If you would like to serve on a committee that is currently chaired
or obtain more information about the activities of the committee,
contact the chairperson directly.