We are planning a wild mushroom Cook & Taste for
the September meeting. The Cook & Taste will be held September
10th at 7:30.
Members are encouraged to bring a mushroom dish to share with other
members. Only the following mushroom species may be used:
Commercial mushrooms from a grocery
Matsutake - Tricholoma magnivelare or Tricholoma caligatum
All the dishes brought to the Cook & Taste must follow these rules:
- All mushrooms must be well cooked. Raw mushrooms will not
be allowed in any dish.
- Use only one species of mushroom in each dish.
- A written recipe prominently showing the species
of mushroom in the dish and the cook's name MUST
accompany each dish.
- Leccinum species are not allowed!
- If you have a supply of a good, common edible species of mushroom
that you would like to use in a
dish, but it isn't on the list above, call Marilyn Shaw at
303-377-1278. All exceptions must be approved in
advance of the Cook & Taste.
- Those who have no time to cook or cannot cook may bring drinks,
desserts, salads, or bread (prepared
food from the grocery is fine.)