October 10th Tuesday evening, is the last CMS meeting of the year!
Don’t miss this interesting party and lecture! Plan to come to the CELEBRATION of the 50th Anniversary of the Sam Mitchel Herbarium of Fungi and the Centennial of the birth of its namesake, Dr. Sam Mitchel. The entire evening will be in Mitchell Hall from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. The agenda:
MEET AND GREET (NOTE EARLIER TIME:) 6:00-6:30 pm Mitchel Hall
BRIEF REMARKS BY:
· Brian Vogt CEO Denver Botanic Gardens – Welcome to the Celebration
· Vera Evenson, Curator of the Sam Mitchel Herbarium of Fungi – Brief history of Dr. D. H. “Sam” Mitchel, a pioneering volunteer in the study of our native fungi, Founder of the Herbarium of Fungi, Co-founder of CMS
· Linda DeLeon, President of CMS – The role of Citizen Scientists in the study of our native Rocky Mountain Fungi
· Barry Rumack, M.D. Remembering Sam and his contributions to mushroom toxicology here in Denver
· Andy Wilson, Assistant Curator, Sam Mitchel Herbarium of Fungi – The current state of our herbarium and a look into the future…with Sam as our inspiration.
BIRTHDAY CAKE and more socializing 7:00-7:30 p.m.
CMS MEETING AND LECTURE 7:30-9:00 p.m.
Scott Bates, Assistant Professor, Purdue University – “Walking Where Sam Walked, Seeing What Sam Saw”