Meeting ANNOUNCEMENT: Cook and Taste / Photo Contest / Vote on 2018 Officers
Where: Denver Botanic Gardens/Gates Hall2
When: Monday, September 11 6:30 Mushroom ID & Cook and Taste Setup; 7:00 pm — Meeting (and eating) begins promptly (If you are bringing food, please arrive before 7 p.m.)
Please Note: this is a CMS member-only event which is included in your membership. Guests are welcomed if membership payment of $25 is made at the event. Non CMS members might also be asked to pay the Botanic Gardens entrance fee.
Members are encouraged to bring a mushroom dish to share with other members. Only the following mushroom species may be used:
Boletus barrowsii, Boletus edulis, Cantharellus cibarius, Commercial mushrooms from a grocery, Coprinus comatus, Dentinum repandum (Hydnum repandum), Flammulina velutipes, Hydnum imbricatum (Sarcondon imbricatus), Lactarius deliciosus, Marasmius oreades, Matsutake – Tricholoma magnivelare or Tricholoma caligatum, Morchella angusticeps, Pleurotus ostreatus, Albatrellus Ovinus, Albatrellus Confluens
All the dishes brought to the Cook & Taste must follow these rules:
- All mushrooms must be well cooked.
- Raw mushrooms will not be allowed in any dish.
- Use only one species of mushroom in each dish.
- A written recipe prominently showing the species of mushroom in the dish and the cook’s name MUST accompany each dish.
- Leccinum species are not allowed.
- If you have a supply of a good, common edible species of mushroom, but it isn’t on the list above, call Marilyn Shaw at 303-377-1278. All exceptions must be approved in advance of the Cook & Taste.
- Those who have no time to cook or cannot cook may bring drinks, desserts, salads, or bread (prepared food from the grocery is fine.)
Here are a couple Websites for fabulous recipe ideas. http://www.cmsweb.org and http://hazeldellmushrooms.com. If you have any questions, give the Cook and Taste Coordinator a call: Karen Ryan 303- 355 -5966 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org